Out of this World Advice at Linux Audio Conference 2019
PV1 structure assembled.
we chose to use silicone as the material for the buttons. we poured silicone into the mold, then let the silicone sit in the mold for about five hours until it solidified.
we decided to make buttons. we started by 3D printing a mold for the buttons.
we learned a lot up until this point and decided to integrate our learnings in building a new structure, Prototype V1. we kept the general concept and structural design of the communication device the same, and made some detail oriented changes.
we used a dremel to drill holes for our sequencer buttons. this process was imprecise. we are currently in the process of having all of the pieces for our current prototype laser cut for more accuracy, including the button holes.
we built our first prototype using 1/8″ 60% transparency white acrylic. this is one section of the overall vision, which contains three total sections. each section consists of five levels/musical sequencers. we found that this acrylic thickness is too thin.
experimenting with LEDs for the interactive sequencer.